To apply, you need the following documents:
- High School Certificate, or comparable certificate which qualifies you for entering university
- University Certificates and academic records
- 2 Letters of Recommendation (in the process of application your two referees will be asked by e-mail to upload them)
- Proof of proficiency in English (not obligatory but strongly recommended)
- Motivation Letter
- Specification of preferred project(s) and a short comment why you selected this project / these projects
After having entered all obligatory items, you will be able to submit your application. As soon as the two letters of recommendation have been uploaded into your account, your application will be forwarded to the IMPRS advisors for evaluation.
Once the applications have been evaluated, the candidates receive an e-mail from the coordinator about the outcome. If the evaluation is positive, the next step will be an interview via Skype.
Afterwards the applicants have the chance to get invited to Erlangen, Germany, to meet their potential PhD advisors in person and have another interview.
Both interviews consist of a talk (about 20 minutes) and questions of the advisors (about 10-15 minutes).
After having successfully passed those two interviews the applicants are invited to become members of the IMPRS-PL and as soon as they are admitted to University, they are allowed to start their PhD project in the framework of the IMPRS-PL.